Saturday, June 21, 2008

Camp Friedenswald

A lot has been happening since I last posted two weeks ago. Nothing earth shattering or life changing, but more normal day-to-day activities. I'll try to catch the highlights of the last two weeks, starting with yesterday.

Last night after I got off work Denise and I went up to Camp Friedenswald in lower Michigan to hang out with our friend Penny, who is the maintenance director there, and her mom who was visiting from Ohio.


The new girls cabins are all done and occupied by campers.

We saw some things the campers had been working on this week - tye-died t-shirts hanging outside the arts and crafts room.

Denise and Penny enjoying some yummy ice cream.


Me also enjoying the ice cream - moose tracks!! Yum!
One of my favorite places on earth - Camp Friedenswald and Lake Shavehead.

A swan on the lake.

The swamp "hike", a favorite camper activity, but one I never participated in during my 5 1/2 years of working at camp. I wasn't that interested after a summer staffer told me the story of a snake going down her shirt while doing the swamp hike!

Sticking my feet in the lake at the CF beach.

No comments: