Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another week of activity, and random pictures

Well, another week of activity has come to an end, and it was actually a pretty quiet week. I didn't have the camera for hardly anything I participated in, so you won't get to see much of it. One of the disadvantages of sharing a camera with Denise is that I sometimes don't have the camera when I want it. She takes it to all the Bethany basketball games, so if I have something going on the same night I am out of luck. I tried taking another lower quality camera I have with me on Saturday night, but that didn't work out so well.

Last Sunday as I was going to church I drove by a house hosting Amish church. I actually had the camera because Denise called to tell me to take it because she had driven by before I had. I love seeing all the buggies parked in the yard.


This is about 1/2 mile from my house.

************************************************

Last Sunday afternoon I attended Festival of Carols, Goshen College's Christmas concert featuring choirs, orchestra, and a community children's choir. It was quite the production, but very well done and a good way to get in the Christmas spirit. And I got two free tickets as a Christmas gift from GC, so that was an added treat!

The empty stage before the start of the concert.

At the end of the last song.

*************************************************************

My one Christmas cactus decided to bloom at Thanksgiving instead of Christmas. I have another one that looks like it will bloom closer to Christmas.


***************************************************************
Last night I went to my small group meeting for December. We usually meet twice a month but with the holidays we are only meeting once. We welcomed back Steve and Rachel Nolt and their daughters Lydia and Esther who had returned earlier in the week from four months in China, where they had led a Goshen College SST (Study/Service Term). We enjoyed hearing some of their stories and had a fun white elephant gift exchange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the amish buggies at church. i am new at this "blogging stuff." can you respond back to me?

Merry Christmas, I want to send you a picture. Where should I send it?
Your favorite cousin
Jacquie