Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Ten Thousand Villages gift baskets

On Monday evening, December 15 I volunteered to help put together some gift baskets at Ten Thousand Villages in Goshen. They had received an order for 50 gift baskets from a local business and needed some help assembling them. The baskets included a bag of coffee, two chocolate bars, a glass ornament, a painted river rock, a soup mix, a cookie mix, and information about Ten Thousand Villages and Soup for Success (the local program that makes the soup and cookie mixes). It was a fun evening with this fun group of people and seeing the beautiful baskets take shape. Looked like a great Christmas gift to me!

Susan had the back-breaking job of putting the shredded paper in the bottom of the baskets.

The assembly line of packaging

The shelf of assembled baskets waiting to be wrapped with clear paper and decorated with ribbon.


The wrappers hard at work. I avoided this job since I am not very good at wrapping. I was a ribbon curler instead.

Thelma wrapping a basket.

Finished baskets

No comments: