Today (December 26) I was going to go to Shipshewana and grocery shopping, but we had an ice storm overnight. Until it gets above freezing I am staying at home and working on projects - including updating my blog. We are expecting a high of 48 today so I am hoping things start melting this afternoon and I can get on the roads.
Last Saturday (December 20) was the Christmas gathering for my Mom's side of family - the Yoder's. We gathered at the fellowship hall of North Goshen Mennonite Church. We had a very good turnout and were only missing Preston (had his wisdom teeth out two days before) Alan and his family (from PA and SC), and Glenn and Erin (visiting Erin's family). We spent the day eating, visiting, playing games, and having a gift card exchange.

Kevin, Nancy and I getting ready for lunch. The church had a huge, very nice kitchen.

We ate together at one big table.

John posed for this picture because he wanted to be on my blog.

Galen and Heidi (his girlfriend) playing with Bekah.

In the afternoon we had a gift card exchange. Everyone brought a $15 gift card from anywhere they wanted, then we went by birthday (January to December) and chose a gift card out of the middle (without knowing what it was). When it was your turn you could chose to steal someone else's that had been opened already, or chose an unopened one. It was a lot of fun and I think everyone ended up with something they liked. They were a wide variety of gift cards - Ten Thousand Villages, Kohl's, Mancino's, Marathon, Speedway, Wendy's, Amazon. Bob Evans was the most popular.
In the picture above, fully visible are (L to R) John, Cloyce, Nancy, Wendell, Galen

Card games were another popular activity.

John made some eggnog to share and he and Kevin brought it around on a cart since we were all busy with game-playing.

Mom was holding Andre while she was playing cards. Andre sure is interested in her cards!! So cute!

The siblings
Back: Marion (#1), John (#5), Charles (#2)
Front: Alice (#3), Nancy (#4)

The siblings and their spouses
L to R: Wanda & Marion, Judy & Charles, Dennis & Alice, Cloyce & Nancy, Karen & John
1 comment:
I like the photo of your mom holding Andre. She looks really good there!
Post a Comment