
As you may have heard on national news, Millard Fuller, founder of Habitat for Humanity, died suddenly earlier this month at age 74. I met Millard several times at Habitat build sites and meetings, but most notably when he came to speak at Camp Friedenswald when I worked there in the late 90's and I got to pick him up at the airport. Such a humble man with an amazing vision. I remember him speaking at an event I attended when I was involved in Habitat soon after college, and a quote stuck with me, especially because of my work in the business world. That quote was repeated in Time Magazine last week in their brief report of his death.
There are sufficient resources in the world for the needs of everybody,
but not enough for the greed of even a significant minority.
but not enough for the greed of even a significant minority.
Very profound considering our current economic condition...
No comments:
Post a Comment