We began our excursion on Saturday morning, February 7, by actually heading in the opposite direction from South Bend. I wanted to go to Lowry's Bookstore in Three Rivers, MI, which is a used bookstore that my friend Penny had recommended. We enjoyed exploring the MANY books and Denise and I each picked out one to purchase, even though we have many books at home to read. A reader's paradise, and a great place to explore if you have some time.
Next we drove through southern Michigan on our way to South Bend. We stopped in Granger, a northern "suburb" of South Bend at the Ten Thousand Villages store there. It is located in a nice strip mall. I found it very interesting to compare how they have their store laid out and things displayed compared to the Goshen store (where I volunteer and am a board member). A little bit of mystery shopper in me I guess.
Next we went to the University Park Mall, THE mall in the South Bend area. We did a lot of walking around but didn't actually buy much. A good reminder that there is a lot I don't need, including these dressed-up geese for my front porch.
After the mall, we checked into our hotel, Courtyard by Marriott, which I had reserved on Priceline for $40. Quite a deal! We relaxed and unpacked, and then out to eat down the street at Chipotle, a no-frills Mexican "fast food" restaurant.
We stayed up late watching basketball on TV and a few episodes of The Office on DVD. On Sunday morning we slept in, had some devotional time, got some exercise in the workout room, and then had lunch at Panera Bread before heading home. A great break from the routine, even though it was short.
1 comment:
Loved the photo of the dressed up goose! :)
Nice recap of your weekend.
Post a Comment