Friday, May 8, 2009

Three new recipes, two dinner meetings, and a play

To the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas chorus....

Three new recipes
Two Dinner meetings
And a play by some middle schoolers

OK, just joking, but the title of this post did seem to have a nice ring to it.

Three new recipes
It was my turn to provide snacks for our weekly office break on Thursday, so I pulled out my LARGE stack of recipes I want to try to see if I could find anything inspiring. I ended up trying three new recipes - Cocoa Popcorn, Cinnamon Chips, and Banana Oatmeal Bread, but I don't think any of them are worthy of making it in my recipe box. My co-workers liked the popcorn but I wasn't that fond of it. The cinnamon chips weren't as crisp as I would like, and the bread was OK but not any more spectacular than other banana bread recipes I have. So it's on to more recipes to try, eventually.

Two dinner meetings
Last night (Thursday) I attended the final meeting of the year for Michiana MEDA (Menno Economic Development Assoc). The program was about the MEDA programs in Afghanistan so we had an Afghani meal. The event was not that conducive to taking pictures so I didn't take any. It was an interesting program, and the evening also included affirmation of me being elected to the board, along with two other people. It should be an interesting board to be on and give me a chance to make some good connections.

Tonight was the annual Goshen College faculty banquet to celebrate the end of the academic year. Again, not a great place to take pictures, and they wouldn't have been that exciting anyway. This evening we had a meal from Egypt, and then honored retiring faculty, watched some GC TV commercials, and heard the president speak. I went with my friend Susie who is a resident director at the college.

A play by some middle schoolers
Tomorrow night Denise and I are going to see The Willow Street Mysteries, put on by Bethany Middle School. The play was written by one of the English teachers so I am expecting it to be good. I will take my camera and post some pictures!

The rest of tomorrow will be filled with trying to get the lawn mowed between drizzle/rain and spring cleaning (?) the house. My house won't know what to think!

No comments: