I decided to make buckeyes this year for Christmas. I don't think I had ever made them before but they are one of my favorite candies. The gift exchange for my extended family Christmas this year was a homemade item - cookies, candy, hot chocolate, salsa, snack mix, etc. so I decided to make them for that. I also wanted some to give away and have around the house to eat so I decided to double the recipe. The original recipe said it made 30 buckeyes, but when I doubled it I ended up with 121 buckeyes! I took some for the gift exchange, took some for everyone to eat, took some to a work Christmas lunch, gave some away to my boss, and left some around home to eat. There still are some hanging around here! If we get tired of them, I might put them in the freezer to pull out in the spring or summer for a treat. There are just so many other treats around here right now and I can't eat them all!
No comments:
Post a Comment