We have had a good crop of strawberries this year. We transplanted a small patch last year and it has really taken off. They have been coming just enough for us to keep them eaten - I haven't made any into jam or frozen them yet. Denise picked some yesterday and that may be the last of them.I attended two high school graduation open houses, but only have pictures from one of them. Forgot to take the camera to Krista's last weekend. Congratulations anyway!
I did have my camera at Harrison's party. I worked at Friedenswald with Harrison's parents, and Harrison went to Bethany (where Denise works). I have enjoyed staying in touch with them. Harrison's dad Greg is a chef and ice carver, so he carved an ice sculpture and a corn hole game for the open house. He was still finishing up when we arrived.
Here's the corn hole game:

He's a Bethany grad headed to Hesston. Instead of corn-filled bags, you used ice packs to throw at the holes.
Here Greg is finishing up the body of the dragon ice sculpture. You can see the tail of the dragon on the far right of the picture.
The dragon head.
The body of the dragon was converted into an ice cream stand, including holes for the ice cream and condiments. Very cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment