Last night there were a lot of strong thunderstorms that moved through the area. Elkhart County was under a tornado warning for awhile from about 10pm-11pm, so Denise and I decided to go down to the basement. I really wanted to go to bed, but since my bedroom is on the top floor I thought that might not be a good idea. We had a lot of wind and rain, but no damage this morning.
Nappanee was not so lucky. They had a tornado touch down and from what I can gather there is quite a bit of damage. The roads coming into Nappanee from both directions are closed because of debris in the road and wires down. My cousin Myrna and her family lives in Nappanee and she said they are fine and have no damage. They think the tornado went about a mile from their house. The factory where her husband and daughter work was "hit hard" but that is about all I know. I am sure as they can begin assessing damage in the daylight there will be more information.
No comments:
Post a Comment