Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Traveling Time

Right now I am in the season of traveling for work. Last Thursday I went to Huntington University (in Huntington, IN) for an Area Business Officers meeting with my boss, Jim Histand. This is a twice-yearly meeting of CFO's and others who work in the business office/finance of area Christian/private colleges, including Goshen, Bethel, Spring Arbor (MI), Grace, Huntington, Anderson, Manchester, Taylor, IN Tech. Tri-State. We talked about a wide variety of relevant topics, and there was good camaraderie.

On Friday I went to Anderson University for the annual meeting of IACUBO - IN Assn of College & Univ Business Officers. The presentation was by a master organizer who helped us find ways to manage the many things we have to do. I picked up some good principles to try.

This Thursday-Saturday I am going to California! I am excited because I have never been to CA before. I am attending a Data and Decisions conference in Long Beach with three work colleagues. I am hoping the conference is interesting and I won't be tempted to spend all my time outside.

I arrive back from CA to Chicago very late Saturday night, so I am just spending Saturday night in Chicago because my next conference begins Sunday noon in downtown Chicago. Sunday-Tuesday I will be attending CACUBO - the Central Assn of the organization I named above. This is a much larger meeting which is held in a different location each year - I think last year it was held in Phoenix. Jim and I are both attending this year since it is in Chicago which makes travel affordable. We will take the train back to South Bend on Tuesday evening.

Now I have to figure out how to fit six days worth of clothes into a carry-on suitcase. I worked on it last night and think I have everything fit in, but it will be tight. And, I don't think the Long Beach and Chicago weather will be the same!

No comments: