Saturday, November 22, 2008

First snow, Bethany play

We got our first measurable snowfall on Monday of this week. It was lake-effect snow, which is caused when cold air blows across warm Lake Michigan and creates snow. Goshen got about 1-2", I know that areas farther west got more.

This was the view from the driveway on Tuesday morning.

This is the backyard this afternoon. The Monday snow all melted from sun and slightly warmer weather later in the week, but we got a little more snow on Thursday. But it is supposed to be 45 on Thanksgiving Day so this snow might be gone soon too!

I have had another pretty quiet two weeks with not much exciting to put on this exciting blog. Last Saturday evening I went to a concert at the Goshen College Music Center with Mom. Her and Dad had gotten tickets to the Toledo Symphony concert with GC choirs, but Dad decided to go to Men's Retreat at Camp Friedenswald so he wasn't around. It was a very good concert but no pictures were allowed so I don't have any.

Last night Denise and I went to a play at Bethany Christian Schools, where Denise works. She was invited to the Associates dinner beforehand (for donors) because she helps out the Development office a lot as part of her job. The students did the play Everything I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten and did a good job. Again no pictures were allowed so I don't have any. I think I will have to start breaking the rules and taking some anyway. I did take some pictures before the dinner.

The sign outside the school's main entrance

Denise busily working at her desk.
Denise is so efficient that her inbox is empty!!

Last night was predicted to be very cold, and it was already down to 19 degrees when we left Bethany after the play.


I was out shopping today and realized how much gas prices have gone down in the last month. $1.63 in Goshen today!!

No comments: