Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving week

I have come to the end of a relaxing Thanksgiving weekend. It's back to the grind tomorrow. Not that work is that bad, but I could get used to a life of leisure pretty easily! Following are some of my activities from the last week.

Last Sunday was the annual Thanksgiving dinner and congregational meeting at church. The Kitchen Committee provides turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, and vegetable, and the congregation provided bread, salads, and desserts. As you can see, there was A LOT of food.

The desserts table

The church fellowship hall set for lunch.

On Thursday, Denise and I hosted Thanksgiving for some of the Yoder clan - my mom's side of the family. I had to clean the house but Mom cooked the turkey and ham, Myrna made the mashed potatoes, and the rest of us filled out the meal.

Wanda's peanut butter pie. Yum!!!


Eating at the dining room table. John, Me, Karen, Dad, Preston (hidden), Garth, Krista (back to camera)

Other side of the table: Marion (back to camera), Wanda, Krista, Garth & Preston in background.

We spent the afternoon playing cards and visiting. Some left mid-afternoon and some stayed into the evening. A good time was had by all! (I think)

Myrna, Denise, Preston and John playing Shanghi Rook


John's hand in Shanghi Rook

Playing euchre in the living room: Preston, Michelle, Garth, Eric

Denise and Krista playing dice.

John showing an exciting genealogy program on the computer: Marion, Nathan, John, Garth, and Mom.

I had a relaxing day on Friday - sleeping in, reading, recovering from having company, but no shopping on Black Friday! In the evening Denise and I got together with Susie to go out to eat at Steak and Shake and then went back to Susie's to watch a movie.

Susie enjoying her Diet Coke at Steak and Shake.

Me at Steak and Shake.

Yesterday I volunteered at Ten Thousand Villages in the morning and then spent the afternoon and evening visiting my friend Penny at Camp Friedenswald. We took a walk, listened to music, hung out with her mom (who was also visiting), and ordered pizza for supper.

A good four-day weekend!

No comments: