Last weekend (October 25-26) I continued my visiting spree by making another trip to Ohio, this time to Northwest Ohio to visit the Nofzigers in West Unity/Stryker. I had not seen many of them since the Yoder Reunion in July and I had not met Andre, who was born to Wendell and Melanie the end of August.
Denise and I drove out Saturday afternoon after I finished my volunteer shift at Ten Thousand Villages. We visited with Nancy for the rest of the afternoon, then everyone came to Cloyce and Nancy's house for supper. I spent the rest of the evening talking and playing cards, while several were trying very hard to get the Ohio State game on TV (they didn't).
We stayed overnight and enjoyed church at Lockport Mennonite with Cloyce, Nancy and Glenn (Erin was working), then stayed for lunch at a youth fundraiser. We stopped by Wendell and Melanie's house for a short visit before beginning the drive back home. It was great to see everyone again and to cuddle with some babies, something I don't get to do very often.

Denise holding Mattea (Mattie), daughter of Glenn and Erin

Me holding Mattie

Me holding Andre, son of Wendell and Melanie

Glenn holding Mattie and Bekah

Waiting for supper. Denise holding Andre, Bekah in the highchair, Glenn holding Mattie, Cloyce trying to figure out how much room he has in his stomach for supper.

After supper we lined up the three young cousins for a group picture. We will have to ask them to recreate this sometime when they are older!
L to R: Andre (2 months), Bekah (2 years), Mattea (4 months)
2 comments:
Hey, You have been in my neck of the woods twice and have not stopped by to visit! Now, Josie is on quarantine for the winter (have to avoid RSV). Miss you and love you! Cheryl
Thanks for the pictures!
Miriam
Post a Comment