I am pretty active on Facebook, a networking site where I have connected with a lot of friends, former classmates, family and co-workers. Right now many people are posting random lists of information about themselves, and I thought I would also post this on my blog for my blog audience to see. Enjoy, and you may even learn something new about me. Comments welcome!
1. I am an identical twin, born 4 minutes after my sister Denise. I was the “bonus baby” because my parents didn’t know they were having twins.
2. Camp Friedenswald is a very special place to me. It was my first work experience after college –first as a volunteer, then as paid year-round staff. I went for a summer and stayed for 5 ½ years! It is a place where I met many wonderful people, learned job skills, and feel the most close to God. I go back as often as I can.
3. I collect moose, mostly stuffed animals, but I have also plates, glasses, blankets, flip flops, clothes, hot pads, rugs, towels, etc. I don’t remember quite where this all started, but I remember really wanting to see a moose one time when I was visiting Minnesota. I have seen real live moose in Alaska and they are really quite ugly.
4. I have travelled to Alaska twice – once in 1998 and again in 2007. The trip in 2007 was to celebrate the completion of my master’s degree.
5. If I could travel anywhere right now (and money and time didn’t matter) I would go to Africa to experience the culture and visit my friend Kristine who is living in Uganda. Then I would go spend a week at a beach resort.
6. I have never had a serious boyfriend, and have a deep desire to be married someday (hopefully sooner rather than later).
7. I do my own oil changes (except in the winter when it’s too much hassle).
8. I attended a Mennonite high school (Bethany), a Mennonite college (Bluffton), and have only worked at Mennonite organizations (Camp Friedenswald and Goshen College). Because of this, I decided to go to a “secular” school to get my master’s. I wanted to experience the world outside of the Christian/Mennonite bubble. I went to Indiana University South Bend and it was a good experience.
9. I love to read and have been keeping track of the books I have read since July, 2000. I remember hearing an older lady say she had read X number of books over the last X years, and I thought that was really cool. So I started keeping track. Since I started 8 ½ years ago, I have read 247 books, including 44 in 2008.
10. My extended family is important to me, and I enjoy going to visit them and seeing them at reunions.
11. I was raised in a Christian home, and was raised Mennonite and am still Mennonite. I was baptized when I was a sophomore in high school.
12. I love Diet Coke and drink way more than I should.
13. I want to go on a canoe trip in the Boundary Waters someday.
14. I love to travel and have been to Europe (mostly Germany & Lithuania), Mexico, the 2002 Winter Olympics, the Dove Awards, and Jimmy Carter work projects (Habitat for Humanity week-long blitz builds) in Alabama and Michigan, among many other places.
15. I love cereal and could eat it at almost every meal.
16. I can cross one eye (instead of two). It freaks my sister out.
17. I have the gift of administration but not of teaching, even though both my parents were teachers.
18. I am an introvert.
19. I am developing an addiction to Facebook, but I love connecting with people and keeping up on everyone’s lives.
20. I like fresh flowers but rarely have any around.
21. My middle name is Arlene, after my grandma Risser.
22. I used to play the oboe, but haven’t touched it for at least 10 years. I also took piano lessons back in the day, and would love to start again.
23. I have a cousin who has been missing in Ecuador since 1977. This is a great tidbit to use when playing the game “Two Lies and One Truth”.
24. I can eat a whole can of Pringles at one sitting. I am not proud of this fact.
25. I am a sports junkie and enjoy watching games, except for NBA, NHL, boxing, and golf.
No comments:
Post a Comment