I have gotten the pictures off my camera from Denise's and my trip to Atlanta earlier this week. I might have to do several posts to get everything, otherwise the post will be REALLY long. I am trying to decide if I should post from beginning to end in chronological order, or post in opposite chronological order. Since blogs always put the most recent post at the top, it can make things seem backward if I post them in the order it happened.
Anyway, I guess I will start at the beginning and you will just have to read backward.
Denise and I drove down to Atlanta last Saturday, April 4th. We arrived in almost exactly 12 hours and settled into our hotel room. We searched on the internet to find a nearby place to eat and decided to try a Moe's mexican restaurant about a mile down the road. We ate outside on the porch because the temps were in the 70's. It ended up being the nicest weather we would have while we were there. After supper we went for a walk in a nearby neighborhood with lots of expensive houses, some empty, and enjoyed seeing redbuds and dogwoods blooming. As it got dark we went back to the hotel and watched the two Men's basketball semi-final games on TV.

Even in Atlanta we saw signs of home. Check out the brand name of this bus - Goshen Coach!

Hyacinth growing as a tree? Whatever it was, it smelled good!

Redbuds blooming. On the trip down we saw redbuds blooming as far north as southern Indiana.

Dogwood tree.

On the way into Atlanta we drove by the exit that was the site of the fatal Bluffton baseball team
bus accident two years ago. Interestingly, I saw in a USA Today newspaper while I was down there that the GA Department of Transportation is getting in trouble for STILL having done nothing to improve the signage or anything else at this exit/overpass. A similar accident almost happened there again several weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment