Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Vacation and Beyond

OK, so I didn't get back to posting about the rest of my vacation. I can summarize it by saying that I had a wonderful time in Washington - visiting my cousin John Risser and his family, seeing my cousin Sharon Smith and her family (from the Yoder side of the family), seeing some amazing scenery and whales, and relaxing. My life has become busy again so I haven't had as much time to sit down and post. We will see how tonight goes - maybe I will find the time to post the last set of pictures. But it goes pretty slow on dial-up...

Last night Mom, Dad, Denise, me, Eric and Michelle went out to celebrate Michelle's birthday, which was on July 6 (while I was on vacation). Her birthday was of a significant number this year, but I won't disclose her age on this blog. The tradition in our family is that the birthday person gets to pick where we go out to eat. For supper we went to Luchesse's, an Italian restaurant that used to be in downtown Elkhart, but now is located along CR 17 between Goshen and Elkhart. Luckily Michelle had made reservations, they were pretty busy. We all had good food and a good time. We saw Chris Chocola there with this family. He is a former Indiana representative (or some sort of elected official) who lost in the last election. I think I heard a rumor recently that he is considering a run for governor.

We finally got some rain last night, but not nearly as much as we need. It has been very dry - we haven't mowed the lawn since we have been back from vacation - 1 1/2 weeks and it is still brown and dead. Now the only green patches are the weeds.

No comments: