This past weekend I was at the annual CJ Yoder Reunion at Camp Albryoca in western PA. I caravaned out with my parents on Friday morning; we left Middlebury at 5am and arrived in Grantsville, MD around 2:15pm. Grantsville is where my Grandpa Yoder grew up. This reunion is always a priority for me - I remember going every year growing up and it is often the only time I am able to connect with many 2nd and 3rd cousins who mostly live in that area.
Highlights for me included having meaningful conversations with many people, the good food, seeing old homes where family members grew up, going swimming, the church service, and just having the opportunity to relax, play games, and get to know relatives a little better. My family (the Bill Yoder family) is in charge next year so I will probably be more involved than usual next year. I am already thinking of several things I would like to do to make things run more smoothly. :)
Denise and I caravaned back home with some of the Nofzigers - Galen, Wendell & Melanie & Bekah, Glenn & Erin. Leah Miller (David & Susan's daughter) was also with us, she decided to come back with them and spend about 10 days at the Nofziger farm. We had fun travelling together and stopped for a nice picnic supper at the first rest area in Ohio after driving through some heavy rain near Morgantown, WV and PA.
The pictures are still on the camera. I will post any that are particular "gems"! My cousin Miriam has some posted on her blog here.
1 comment:
I'm sure that you and your sister will bring the organization level of the reunion to an entirely new level! :) You guys are amazing! Glad you made it home safely! Love ya!
Post a Comment