We finally got the big one, although it didn't turn out to be as big a deal as everyone thought. On February 1st northern Indiana was under a blizzard warning, and we faithfully watched the radar most of the day to see the big system of snow moving closer and closer. Events started canceling before it even started snowing. Finally, about 3:30pm it started snowing, and it came fast. By 4:30, people who lived a distance away from work were leaving early because the roads were already getting bad. I left about 4:45.
The best part - I got a snow day the next day (Feb 2)!! It was the first time in about 30 years that Goshen College canceled classes and closed campus. I slept in, and spent a fair amount of time shoveling the driveway. Otherwise I tried to relax and enjoy the unexpected free time.
We did get about 8 inches of snow, but with heavy winds we had 2-3 foot drifts in our driveway and especially around the house.




No comments:
Post a Comment