Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Essenhaus Noodle Factory

Michiana MEDA, an organization I am a part of, has an annual business tour of a local business each year. I again invited Dad to join me for this event. This year we started with breakfast at the Essenhaus (yummo) and then went across the street for a tour of Essenhaus Foods, where they make Essenhaus noodles, one of my favorite foods in the world. The factory wasn't in production while we were there, but we still saw all parts of the process, and the many bags of noodles in the very clean and organized warehouse waiting to be shipped out.

This is the bagging machine, the last step of the process. I was surprised to see Pat Shafer, who lived a few houses away from me when I was growing up. He gave the tour and is the sales manager.

The warehouse, and people talking after the tour.

Boxes of noodles waiting to be shipped, bought and eaten!

One of the highlights of the tour for me was getting a free bag of noodles to take home!!! :)

No comments: