On Sunday, July 19th I worked out this elaborate plan that included biking into church, leaving a car downtown, biking out to the fairground after the parade, and then driving or biking home in the evening. Unfortunately, rain wasn't part of the plan, but we had off and on rain showers from around 3pm to 8pm that day. I didn't actually have to ride in the rain but it definitely made things more difficult and interesting.
I watched the parade in downtown Goshen on Sunday afternoon with Penny and Denise. We then biked out to the fairgrounds and walked around at the fair for awhile. It was a get-in-free day so there were a lot of people there even with the off and on showers. On Monday afternoon I took off work and volunteered at the taco booth run by the Crystal Valley Exchange Club, of which my dad is a member. Denise, me, Dad, Penny, and my friend Susie all volunteered together and had a great time. I couldn't stick around for the evening because I had a Ten Thousand Villages board meeting. On Thursday afternoon I was back out there to volunteer at the Goshen College booth. I did a little more exploring and then had to leave in early evening again so I could go to Eric's concert in LaPorte (next post).
I always look forward to the fair and it was another good year. Some people were worried about how things would go with the bad economy and high unemployment in Elkhart County, but everything seemed to go well and be well attended. I think some people decided to make this their vacation instead of going out of town.
No comments:
Post a Comment