Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Weekend at the Cabin

Last weekend I enjoyed a weekend at a cabin on Long Lake in Michigan with my small group from church. It was amazing that we found a weekend that worked for all of us, and that people didn't have to come and go because of other commitments. It was a good relaxing break for me, as I felt I had been very busy the previous several weeks. There were 13 of us total (including 6 kids) in a fairly small cabin, but we all found places to sleep, hang out, relax, and play games.

We enjoyed time on the lake and around the campfire on Friday evening, Saturday afternoon and evening, and then went to Warren Dunes State Park on Lake Michigan Sunday afternoon. It was great to just sit and enjoy the surroundings, read, or engage in conversation.

Enjoying the lake on Saturday afternoon.

Chad taking Dylan, Eva, and Esther for a canoe ride.

Enjoying hobo dinners on Saturday evening.

The dunes were busy on Sunday afternoon, but not as busy as I thought they would be after we waited in line for 1/2 hour to get through the gates!

No comments: