Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Cedar Point

Last Friday Denise and I took a day trip to Cedar Point, which claims to be the Roller Coaster Capital of the World. It is an amusement park on the shores of Lake Erie, about a 3 1/2 hour drive from home. I remember going to Cedar Point quite a few times with cousins in my younger years, but it had probably been at least 10 years since I had been there.

We picked a perfect day to go. The weather was warm and sunny but not too hot. There were a lot of people there but it wasn't too busy. The longest we waited to get on a ride was 30 minutes. Usually on busy days you can easily wait over an hour in line for the more popular roller coasters, but we didn't have to. Yeah! I also was glad to discover that I still like roller coasters! I had told several people where I was going and several of them said they were too old for roller coasters. It made me wonder if I was too old as well. But I don't think so. I still like the feeling of going up and down and around on roller coasters, although I am definitely not as fond of some of the newer roller coasters which basically just drop you straight down in a free fall. Not my kind of excitement.

We took at least 15 trips on roller coasters, including the Mean Streak, Maverick, Cedar Creek Mine Ride, Gemini, Magnum, Raptor, and the Iron Dragon. The Raptor and Iron Dragon are definitely my favorite. We also saw an ice skating show and went on the Ferris Wheel, the Train. and the Gondolas. We also watched the two water rides but decided we didn't want to get wet. Overall, it was a very fun day!

Roller coasters on the coastline!

The Corkscrew, with the Dragster ride in the background. I didn't go on either of these. I would rather go upside down on the Raptor.

The Raptor - one of my favorite rides. (The Iron Dragon is the other one).

View from the Ferris Wheel

Enjoying a snow cone.

No comments: