Sunday, June 7, 2009

June First Friday

I enjoyed another First Friday evening in downtown Goshen. It was a picture perfect evening and a lot of people came out. I heard that it was the biggest First Friday ever with over 2,000 people downtown.

Penny, Denise and I started out at Il Forno for pizza. Yum!!


The focus for First Fridays this month was on water and the Elkhart County watershed. One feature was to have painted rain barrels displayed around downtown which were auctioned off later in the evening. Here was one I liked.


I heard later that most the rain barrels sold for over $500 each. A good fundraiser for the organization that works to protect the local rivers!

The balloon man entertained the kids and had a LONG line by mid-evening.

Some of the crowd

A Studebaker parked in front of the Goshen Historical Museum.

I ended up the evening by volunteering for an hour at Ten Thousand Villages, another fun place to be during First Fridays! (or anytime for that matter!)

No comments: