Denise and I arrived last night in Anchorage about 10:45pm local time = 2:45pm IN time. It was still very light outside! Heather Potsander and Selah came and picked us up, and we ate a little bit and talked and then went to bed. I actually wasn't as tired as I thought I would be.
Today it was rainy all day, but we decided to go out and about anyway. We went to church with Heather - it was a small group today because the pastor was at conference and many families are on vacation. Then we drove up to Flat top Mountain to the scenic overlook over Anchorage. We couldn't see very far since it was so cloudy. This afternoon we went to a downtown market and to a few small shops before going out to eat at Sourwood Restaurant. Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nicer. We are heading up to Hatcher Pass, a old mining area about 40 miles north of town.
The biggest news is that I saw my first moose of the trip!!! It was standing on the side of the road as we were going up to the overlook. It was a male with a rack. I was within 8 feet of it and took several pictures out the window. Don't have time to post any now.
Need to go. I will write more later. I'm tired. I think this four hour time change is catching up with me!
Later,
Deanna in Alaska
1 comment:
Have lots of fun !!!
Miriam
Post a Comment