Friday, June 22, 2007

Vacation preparations

Tomorrow afternoon Denise and I leave for our two-week vacation in Washington State and Alaska. I spent most of the evening doing packing and taking care of some last minute details. I was able to fit everything into one large suitcase and one carry-on bag filled with reading, snacks and my iPod. The neighbors are getting the mail, Mom and Dad are watering the plants, and Garth is mowing the lawn. It has been so dry here he will probably only have to mow once while we are goine.

Work today was good. I felt like I tied up all the loose ends that needed to be taken care of before I left and hopefully won't receive too many phone calls with questions. My boss is also on vacation the next two weeks on a bike trip from Sacramento to Salt Lake City.

I will try to post a few times during my trip, but I am not taking a computer along and will only have computer access once or twice in the next two weeks. I will take lots of pictures and create lots of memories to write about later.

We have a direct flight tomorrow evening from O'Hare to Anchorage and will spend several days there with Heather and Jason Potsander and daughter Selah. Heather is Wanda Yoder's daughter. Then it is off to the Glennallen AK area to spend about five days with friends on their farm, with no running water or electricity (except what they can make from solar). Then we drive back to Anchorage and fly to Bellingham Washington to spend 4 days with John and Brenda Risser, Sam and Annika. We also hope to connect with Sharon (Yoder) Smith in Seattle one day. A full schedule but a great opportunity to spend time with faraway family and friends!

Sorry no pictures of the packing. The camera is packed already!

Last report from Indiana for awhile...
Deanna

No comments: